Monday, June 28, 2010
Thing 13 - Sharing Your Vision
For me there is considerable value in the slideshow / presentation tools. Like many others in the class have mentioned - it would be great to have my powerpoint presentations online where they can be accessed at anytime from any computer. (I, too, have been the victim of incompatible versions / formats and faulty jump drives.)
However, since our fantastic secretarial staff formats most of my presentations, I would either have to upload created presentations or spend time learning all the "tricks of the trade". Therefore, you will note that my presentation above is fairly straight forward. Hopefully next time it will have more pictures, transitions, colors, etc.
Still I hope it gives you pause to think about what we are learning in this class; particularly that, while we have all these tools at our disposal, thought still needs to given to what we are going to say, how we will say it effectively, and how we will know when the message has been received and internalized....if we ever can!
(At MACUL, I saw a couple of presenters use Prezi. I need to investigate how this is different from the traditional PPT and if it is free. Does anyone know?)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment