Monday, June 28, 2010

Thing 12 - Productivity Anywhere You Have a Browser

Even though I looked at all the websites and tools listed, I didn't have to go any further than Bubbl.us to find my favorite so far. I am a "concept map" type of thinker (constantly making connections) so this site really appealed to me.

Using the Bubbl.us tool, I created a concept map of the professional development that our Center hopes to offer for teachers in the areas of science, mathematics, and technology and shared it with the rest of our professional staff. I hope to share it with them in the near future.

I noticed that Bubbl.us indicated that they have upgrades in the works, and I am anxious to see them. There are things that I wanted to to (like put words on the connecting arrows/ lines and write text in the white background area (such as a making a key for the different colors). Still, compared to similar applications that are very pricey (such as MindJet and Inspiration) it is a serviceable tool with a lot of potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment