Podcasting is something that I have been aware of for awhile but rarely use in my work. Personally, I don't even own an iPod, MP3 player, etc....even though my 90-year old father does!
I learned a great deal about podcasts from the Wayne County RESA presentation and appreciated the fact that the presenter addressed the topic of podcasts for professional development. I already knew about Dave Bydlowski's Science podcasts (http://k12science.net)
and try to listen to those from Mike Flanagan, Supt. Instruction for Michigan (http://www.michigan.gov/mde/0,1607,7-140-37818_45256--,00.html), but that has been about it. As a result of the Wayne RESA presentation, I am in the process of investigating the Learning Matters podcasts with John Merrow, http://learningmatters.tv . In addition, I hope that MDE will come up with podcasts regarding the Common Core Standards (particularly mathematics) as things develop with those.
As a grandparent, I will be recommending some of the podcasts created for students with my son and his family. They will be traveling here from NY this summer, and I think the Storynory (http://storynory.com) podcasts will be just the ticket to help keep them occupied in the car. My son has a Droid so, from what I understand, he should be able to play them on that...and I have a plain old cell phone (that I use just as a cell phone!) Looks like I need to get more "on board" with technology.
Monday, July 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment