Friday, June 18, 2010

Thing 8 - Locate Feeds That Interest You

I found this task very challenging. To date, after many "sessions" of searching for feeds of interest to me, I have only found four (rather than the suggested five). Many of the persons that I would consider experts in my interests in education (Tobias, Hargreaves, Marzano, and others) do not have blogs or blogs that I was able to find. I did find Carol Tomlinson on an ASCD blog, so I did subscribe to that.

Related to the challenge of finding RSS feeds for persons I respect is vetting the credentials of writers of blogs / or feed sources that show up when I did searches for feeds. Authorship is very important to me; if I am taking advice or modifying instruction based on what someone else says or shares, then I need to know what their qualifications / experience are related to what they are sharing.

I also learned that I am more inclined to feeds that send information judiciously and do not flood my reader with 100+ feeds per day (like the major news networks). When I get home from work , I am more likely to visit my reader if I know there will be a manageable number of posts to peruse on any given evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment