Finally - I've been waiting for this one! I've been wanting to try this for a long time. Like many others I have been frustrated by keeping favorites on both my desktop at work and my work laptop that I use at home and then not remembering what I have on which computer. In addition, when we switched at work from XP to Vista, I found that I could not access some of my favorites and/or save to folders created under XP. Now we've switched again - to Windows 7 - and it doesn't save to folders (at least as far as I can figure out) but rather to a running list of sites. In short, all the websiting saving I have done in the past is pretty much useless.
So, I am MORE than ready to try a new way to organize my collection of favorites websites in a way where I can get to them from any computer. I know I will need to give some thought to the newer tagging system (rather than folders that we adopted from a non-computerized age), but I'm convinced it will be time well spent.
For work, I see this as a valuable tool for collecting web resources around new projects that we are working one, like our upcoming Super Science Saturday for the International Year of Chemistry. On a personal level, I can't wait to start collections of future vacation spots and sailing cruises.
Sunday, July 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment