For me, even the short list of Web 2.0 winners was a lot to think about. In reality, very few of the categories in the list "drew me in" as those that were "must explore". Under education, I did spend some time on the Mango and Spanish Pod - the language learning websites. The sample lessons were well-paced, clear, and gave good information on the meaning of the words and the context in which they are used (Mango distinguished between formal and informal). I actually think I could use one of these to learn a second language - something that would be useful for me both personally and professionally.
However, I was disappointed that neither of these were "free" (although I probably shouldn't have expected that they would be). I wonder how these compare in format and price to products like the Rosetta Stone. One of my comparison questions on cost would be if Rosetta stone is a one-time cost when you purchase with no time limit on online support (if there is any). The reason I would ask this is because the online programs had monthly subscription fees which seemed like a use it or lose it option. With my schedule, I would want some flexibility in the times spent in learning the language.
Has anyone had experience with using either of these programs or something like the Rosetta Stone? I would love to hear from you if you have.
Friday, July 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment